Pavlina McGrady, Coordinator
The BAS degree offers a seamless transition from an associate’s degree in a technical field earned from a community college to a bachelor’s degree. Up to 124 quarter hours may be transferred into the program, and the remaining courses may be completed at SOU. The BAS at Southern Oregon University requires the completion of 180 quarter hours.
The BAS degree is designed for:
- Persons who hold a professional-technical associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or better. The associate’s degree must contain at least 50 quarter credits of professional technical course work not including Business or Accounting.
In addition to the BAS in Management, a concentration in Tourism Management is available within the BAS in Management. See requirements below.
The BAS degree program addresses the following educational objectives.
To prepare students to:
- Accept leadership roles in business and industry.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of individual and group behaviors in organizations.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the basic fundamentals of business.
- Use critical thinking skills and practical knowledge to solve specific business management problems.
- Apply career development strategies and progress into management-level positions.